Emergence submissions are closed for the Spring 2017 edition. A Call for Papers will be released in the near future requesting abstracts and papers for the 2018 edition.
Emergence accepts undergraduate research in English literature, film and media analysis, and cultural studies. We will also consider related humanities research that pertains closely to these topics, and for creative pieces.
How to Submit
Email a version of the project/paper as a Word Document or PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org; this version can take the form of:
– A final draft of the completed research paper or thesis
– A draft of a partially completed research paper or thesis
– A 350-500 word abstract
Those who submit abstracts or partial drafts to the call for papers are expected to submit a completed final draft for their final submission.
Formatting and Editing
Final submissions should meet the following formatting and editing expectations:
– MLA Format, 12-point type, Times New Roman font, one-inch margins
– Substantial pieces of research within the humanities with a minimum page length of approximately fifteen pages, with exceptions made for strong writing
– Submissions should be sent using .doc, .docx, or .pdf format
– Writing should be well-edited and proofread for correct grammar, syntax, and spelling prior to submission. The editorial staff will work with authors to proofread and revise, but expect well-constructed pieces with minimal errors
Emergence takes issues of copyright infringement, plagiarism, and other breaches of academic integrity very seriously. Violations will not be tolerated.